2 Day Snaefellsnes Peninsula & West Iceland Lava Cave & Northern Lights
Explore the wonders of Snæfellsnes and witness the incredible Northern Lights on a 2 day winter tour.
- Two-day guided minibus tour of the West Coast and Snæfellsnes Peninsula
- One night in accommodation on the West Coast, breakfast included
- Lava Cave Tour
- Professional English speaking guide
- Northern Lights spotting
- Lunch and Dinner
Warm clothes (first layer)
Waterproof clothing (second layer)
Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
Joy and happiness!
• No minimum age. However, 5 years old is the age limit for the lava cave. If children under those ages are on the tour then an adult needs to stay with the child while others do this activity.
• Customers traveling on their own will receive a single room. Reservations for 2 people will be allocated a double room. For bookings of 3 or more, triple rooms will automatically be allocated. For example, a group of 8 will receive 2 triple rooms and 1 double. If these arrangements do not meet your requirements, please contact the provider.
• The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and therefore cannot be guaranteed, but this itinerary is designed to maximize your chances to see them if the weather allows.
• It can happen, in the case of extreme weather, that an activity is canceled. If your chosen activity is canceled, we will assist you with rearranging or booking other activities when possible, and any potential price difference will be refunded to you.
• Note that Icelandic roads and pavements can be slippery in the wintertime. We recommend you bring shoes with slip-resistant soles or ice-grip shoe covers. The covers can be purchased in most supermarkets and gas stations around the country.
• For your convenience, it is recommended that you pack lightly for this tour, in a small bag or backpack. If you have large luggage with you, please check with your accommodation if they offer luggage storage for your time on this tour. If that is not a possibility, you can take your larger luggage along for a small fee.
• Please note that only pick up and drop-off from designated pick up locations in the greater capital area is available, not from Keflavík International Airport. Therefore, we do not recommend attempting to start this tour on your arrival day in Iceland.
• Arrival time back to Reykjavík at the end of your tour can vary depending on weather and traffic. It is highly recommended that you do not book your flight home the same night as bad weather or delays could affect your journey. Please be sure to arrange accommodation for this evening and an airport transfer the next day to take you to Keflavík International Airport for your departure.
Recommended!!! My friends and me chose to visit iceland for a photographic travel. We couldn't skip the glacier hike! It was an astonishing experience thanks to the guidance of troll Expeditions team! I will never forget this incredible experience.. We walked on the glacier, looking for caves and listening to Siggie (the super guide) telling us all the curiosities about the glacier story and how Icelandics live this beautiful country! I strongly suggest you to reserve one of the expeditions they provide! You won't regret it at all! Last but not least, you don't have to bring special tools, cause they can give you all you need.
We did the Crystal Blue Ice Cave | Super Jeep from Jökulsárlón. We went January 10, 2019. It was amazing. The tour guide (can’t remember his name) was wonderful and very funny. We booked through Iceland Advice and received 10% off. Just be aware that it is not exactly like the photos. You don’t go deep into an ice cave. At least not on the tour we went on. Maybe call Troll directly and see if they have a specific tour like that. Nonetheless it was gorgeous. See pictures below. Also if you’re claustrophobic beware. There is a portion where you explore into the ice through a very narrow path.
Thanks to Sarah for a great hike and climb. Our younger kids had a blast climbing the ice walls. What a wonderful guide, thanks for the memories.
We took a day tour of Snaefellsnes. We had a small group (12 people), and very funny tour guide/bus driver - Victor. Very beautiful locales, and incredible views. Weather was great, and we could see icecaps and glaciers in the distance. The trip covers alot of distances, and be ready to do some climbing and lots of walking to fully enjoy the tour. Highly recommended it.
Awesome opportunity to see the land off the regular roads, learn about the region, land and the harsh volcano/glacier, and finally to see the amazing creation of nature carved in the massive ice of the glacier. The company of an experienced guide with deep knowledge and skills adds a great amount of value to any trip. Definitely recommended
Our group of five took an ice cave tour through Troll Expeditions in March. We had a wonderful time and our guide, Boris, was excellent. He answered all our questions and showed us the best spots to go for pictures. This tour was well priced compared to similar tours I saw online. I would highly recommend!