How can we help?
Why Add Rental Car Protection to my Northbound Booking? What's covered?
When you book rental cars on Northbound you have the option to add protection that's up to 50% cheaper than equivalent coverage at the rental desk (according to an analysis from our protection partner RentalCover.com). †
You can check your protection when you book your rental with Northbound. They are also included in the confirmation email sent by our partners, RentalCover.com.
Depending on your type of vehicle, RentalCover.com typically covers the following, some of which are often not covered by rental companies if you buy their excess waivers at the rental desk:
- Damage caused by ash, ice, wind, hail, sand and gravel
- Theft, bodywork damage, doors, windows, mirrors, wheels, tires and roadside repair costs
- Roof and underbody damage to the vehicle
- Key loss, replacement or lock out which is often not covered by rental companies
- Accident-related fees that rental companies may charge including administration/processing fees, loss of use fees, towing, relocation and more.
The RentalCover.com team compared their costs of coverage with the average cost of excess waivers around the world.