Review from a customer
Generally, my experience with Orange was good. Due to a medical emergency, we had to cut our trip short, and still got charged for the full amount of the original rental period. Not happy about having to pay for a week I didn't use and where they could re-rent the car.• Milton • 17. Sep 2017 • Rented a Suzuki Vitara from Orange Car Rental in August 2017
Generally, my experience with Orange was good. Due to a medical emergency, we had to cut our trip short, and still got charged for the full amount of the original rental period. Not happy about having to pay for a week I didn't use and where they could re-rent the car.Milton • 17. Sep 2017 Rented a Suzuki Vitara from Orange Car Rental in August 2017
Everything was perfect! The Jimny was grown up to a Toyota Rav 4. I asked for a free GPS - an Orange Car gave it to me! The guy who brought us the car to the hotel was very very friendly an gave us very helpful tips about iceland. My wife an me - we both were positive surprised! Thank you.Helmut • 15. Aug 2017 Rented a Suzuki Jimny from Orange Car Rental in August 2017
My experience was very good. Easy and very qualified pick up at the airport and excellent assistance and advisor regarding Iceland driving policies and roads.
Car was clean and in good conditions.
Great customer service. We rented from Orange for a period of one week. I had signed up for the ( Gold ) Gold insurance (included SCDW, GP, TP, TI ) and collision insurance to avoid any hassle during the trip. We missed checking the headlights and tail lights during the initial walkthrough. A day into the trip after being constantly flashed at by incoming traffic, we realized the problem. The rental company drove up to our rental home and replaced the car with another Micra. This did cost us half day of tour time for the entire process(call, schedule, swap). The inevitables happen, so make sure you check everything internally as well before you leave the rental place. i had incorrectly reserved the car until 3 am the morning of departure instead of 3 pm that day. The manager worked with me to give me a good price for the extra time. Overall I would recommend this business. They are a small team driven to keep customers happy.Veena • 05. Aug 2017 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in June 2017
We had a great experience! Everything went just as explained. The young man who picked us up at the airport was very nice and knowledgeable. We had no issues with the car and were even given a discount to use for gas. Would most definitely rent here again.Joseph • 30. Jul 2017 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in July 2017
Excellent service and responsiveness from Orange Car, including prompt pick-up and drop-off at KEF Airport and assistance with the GPS and suggested touring routes.Maureen • 29. Jul 2017 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in July 2017
Our rental was not available when we arrived due to high demand. However Orange fixed it before we even arrived by getting us a van from another company, ProCar. The Orange driver met us at the airport promptly on time and took us to ProCar and ensured that everything was taken care of. The van we got was fantastic and the service was perfect.Eli • 23. Jul 2017 Rented a Nissan NV200 from Orange Car Rental in July 2017
Orange Car Rental is amazing. We were greeted at the airport with no wait. Once we were shuttled to the rental car place we were helped by a gentleman who was friendly and very helpful. He gave us a map and highlighted places to go and even wrote down places to visit and eat. We will definitely be renting from them again in the future!Brandenn • 18. Jun 2017 Rented a Toyota Auris from Orange Car Rental in May 2017
Excellent service....pick up and drop off .....gas discount coupon...maps....etc. And some good tips on where to drive.......we might have missed a shore drive or two had we not had such good advice at the Orange counter from the staff.Cameron • 12. May 2017 Rented a Toyota Auris from Orange Car Rental in May 2017
For my first time ever renting a car, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Booking was easy, I didn't have any issues finding a rep at the airport upon arrival and it was easy to add a GPS to my existing booking (get the GPS, you'll thank yourself later). I didn't have any issues with the car and I was advised in advance about speed cameras in towns. I was given a few maps and suggestions of landmarks to visit, including some that I wasn't aware of. I would definitely rent with Northbound again and would suggest it to any friends visiting IcelandKristina • 08. May 2017 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in May 2017
It was great! The man picking us up was very friendly and on time! The rest of the people at the location were also very kind! We also got a ride back to the airport at whatever time we wanted which was a great plus as well.Kirsten • 16. Jan 2017 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in January 2017
Everything was great and we recommend the Orange car rental.Ajida • 19. Dec 2016 Rented a Toyota Yaris from Orange Car Rental in December 2016
Fantastic experience. We landed early in the morning and had a very friendly gentleman pick us up from the airport to drive us to the office. Check in was a breeze and we were off in no time. Car was clean and in good shape, brand new studded winters on it. Friendly staff, offered that we could call anytime for help or tips about what to see, never did but the offer was very nice.Lenka • 28. Nov 2016 Rented a Toyota Yaris from Orange Car Rental in November 2016
Really great! I had made an error filling in the web-based form for arranging a car rental, but this was very quickly fixed by a simple phone call. It worked out beautifully. I enthusiastically recommend Northbound. I will use them in future.Richard • 18. Nov 2016 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in November 2016
Had the Best experience, really Nice staff and professionalJacob • 26. Sep 2016 Rented a Toyota RAV4 from Orange Car Rental in September 2016
All worked well, thank you. Will use Orange Car Rental again. Nice to be picked up at KEF by OCR, escape busy airport, deal with car rental in town of Keflavik. Great welcome to Iceland.Duncan • 23. Aug 2016 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in August 2016
Great company to deal with & very helpful. We did a lot of research before booking with northbound as we had heard some horror stories about car rental in Iceland. All our emails were answered promptly before we left home & this put us at ease, our car was delivered to the hotel at the time specified & service was friendly & efficient. Big thumbs up!Garry • 12. Aug 2016 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in July 2016
All very good. Collection at the airport and transfer to their office 5 mins away. Clear handover from a friendly team. Car good and more than enough to travel around Iceland for 2 people. Little hiccup at the end as the office had moved and the sign was a little confusing but all sorted and transferred to the airport with plenty of time to check in. Didn't go off the main roads but who would in a Yaris.Steve • 15. Sep 2017 Rented a Toyota Yaris from Orange Car Rental in September 2017
The rent was ok but I booked the car drop-off at midnight and they informed me the store closes at 10pm so I must be there 2h before what I sheduledFábio • 25. Sep 2017 Rented a Nissan Micra from Orange Car Rental in September 2017
Everything was great
|Mileage / Kilometres||Unlimited kilometres|
|Insurance Deposit Procedure||
The supplier takes an imprint of the customers credit card and doesn't withhold anything from the credit card if you're returning during the day. If you're returning during the night they withhold the self-risk amount from the credit card.
Amounts withheld for insurances:
|How can I pay on Northbound?||
This supplier offers 15% payment on Northbound. 100% payment is not available for this supplier.
If you pay 15% when you book online you'll need to pay the remaining 85% when you arrive to pickup your vehicle. You can see the payment methods this supplier accepts below.
|How can I pay when I pickup the car?||
If you pay the minimum 15% deposit online you can pay the remaining 85% when you arrive to pickup the vehicle.
The following payment methods are accepted at this car rental:
|Excess / Security Deposit||
The main driver must be in possession of a credit card in their own name when picking up the car. The Card must have enough available funds to cover the excess / deposit amount.
The overwhelming majority of rentals on Northbound, the usual procedure consists of imprinting your credit card and keeping it on file for the duration of your rental.
No amount is withheld from your credit card in those cases.
Minimum age limit for this car is 23.
The car hire company’s age-related charges and restrictions will apply to all additional drivers.
|Drivers License||If your driving license is printed with non-Roman letters such as Chinese, Japanese, Russian etc. you will need an International Driving License.|
Customers whose travel plans include driving outside the country of rental (or crossing borders or travelling to different islands within the same country) must advise us before they pick the car up. Restrictions may apply for certain countries which may require the customer to pay additional fees.
Please note that cross-border travel is not allowed with this car hire company.