Delicious Golden Circle Food Tour
This tour lets you experience Icelandic food from farm to table and also take in some of the most popular natural landmarks Iceland has to offer - Þingvellir national park, Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir geothermal area.
- Þingvellir National Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir geothermal area
- Delicious farm to table food specialities of Efsti-dalur farm
- The impossibly sweet tomatoes, chutneys, and jams of Friðheimar Greenhouse
- Traditional Icelandic delicacies at one of the best preserved turfed farms in Iceland
For many of us, food and sightseeing are equally important parts of the travel experience. On this tour you get to explore Iceland‘s sightseeing highlights on the Golden Circle and enjoy sampling delicious local food specialties at selected establishments along the route.
For lunch we stop at Efsti dalur farm where three generations who share a love for the land and a passion for farm-to-table cooking serve a diverse selection of home made fresh products sure to delight your taste-buds.
Later in the day we drop into the family operated Friðheimar greenhouse & café to sample some of their impossibly sweet tomatoes and mouth-watering chutneys and jams.
On our way back to Reykjavik we swing by Íslenski Bærinn Turf House for traditional Icelandic delicacies like pancakes with whipped cream and rhubarb jelly, flat bread, and perhaps a sip of meadowsweet honey and mead. The Turf House is one of Iceland’s best preserved turf farms, the style of building that from the time of settlement kept Icelanders alive in the harsh Arctic climate.
- Complimentary pick-up for major hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Meals per tour description
- Appropriate clothing