6 Hour Golden Circle
Visit Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir geothermal area in this half-day guided sightseeing tour.
- Magnificent scenery at Þingvellir National Park
- Raw power of Gullfoss waterfall
- Erupting hot springs at Geysir geothermal area
First on the list is Þingvellir National Park where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi was established in the year 930 AD. Known as the ‘Assembly Fields’ or ‘Parliament Plains’, situated around 45 km east of the capital, they were the first home of what has become one of the oldest parliamentary institutions in the world.
In 2004 Þingvellir National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List and is now one of eight hundred places in the world that have been honoured by UNESCO. It is a site of historical, cultural and geological importance.
From there we continue to Gullfoss waterfall where glacial melt water cascades down into the deep and narrow Hvítárgljúfur canyon. Returning from Gullfoss, next stop is the Geysir hot spring area where you'll get to walk amidst hissing steam vents, sulfurous mud pots and get up close to an erupting geyser.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional travel guide
- Appropriate clothing