Whitewater Action (East)
This is like your favourite Disney World ride, but without a seatbelt! Whitewater rafting in the east of Iceland.
This is like your favourite Disney World ride, but without a seatbelt! And just like that ride, you don't need any previous rafting experience to discover for yourself why the East Glacial River has become Iceland's signature whitewater rafting trip.
The reason we're experienced professionals is so that you don't have to be, but if you're scared of getting wet and don't enjoy excitement, this is definitely not the trip for you. However, we're pretty confident that you'll still love our FAMILY RAFTING trip!
The East Glacial River gorge (Jökulsá-Austari) is the setting for our most action-packed and exciting rafting day tour. With spectacular deep canyon scenery and relentless heart-pumping whitewater, the East has been consistently rated one of Europe’s best rafting rivers and topped popular guide books’ lists of "must-do's" in Iceland.
One of the most remote single-day rafting trips on the planet, this whitewater adventure delivers an unforgettable journey into the untamed beauty of Iceland’s river wilderness and a dose of adrenaline strong enough to satisfy the most powerful of cravings. For those traveling Iceland with a thirst for adventure, this is a day tour not to be missed!
- All rafting equipment: drysuit, PFD, helmet, booties, gloves
- Qualified, professional raft guides and safety kayakers
- Transportation between our rafting base and the river
- Riverside refreshments (a tasty homemade surprise!)
- Iceland's ultimate rafting experience!
- Thermal underwear / base layers
- Warm fleece top / wool sweater
- Fleece pants / extra long johns
- Thick wool socks / hiking socks (at least 1 pair)