NORTHERN LIGHTS & STARGAZING (Guided in 10 languages)
Search for the rare and elusive northern lights (Aurora Borealis) in the skies around Reykjavík on this all time winter bestseller!
For many seeing the Northern Lights is the reason to travel to our northern island in winter. They are mesmerising, interesting and once seen never forgotten.
It is simple, nothing says “Icelandic Winter” like the idea of hunting for the Aurora Borealis. Created by strange storms on the sun, the Northern Lights need clear winter skies to appear.
Step on board one of our new buses, equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets in each seat. On the tablets you can watch, listen and read expertly written and recorded material about the northern lights and the stars in the Arctic skies. Available with a choice of 10 languages. In each seat you will also find a USB Charger and your own star map.
Our expert operational team has decades of experience analysing weather patterns. We will review, each and everyday, the cloud forecast and the northern lights forecast in detail. We will not venture out in search of them unless we think we have good chance. This means we have a high success ratio.
All our northern lights tours are guided by one of our specially trained northern lights guides, they are both knowledgeable and helpful and will even give you tips on how to take photos of the show. We offer free use of camera tripods (a must to take northern lights photos).
Every guide brings along an astronomical binoculars for you to try out. Look for the stars and astronomy signs in sky using the provided star map and see the space that surrounds in a new way.
To search for the Auroras you need to stand outside in the Icelandic winter and you need to dress very warmly. We are the only operator to offer extremely warm “Aurora Jackets” and warm and waterproof winter boots for rent on our tours.
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Free tour pick-up from your accommodation in Reykjavík
- Knowledgable Northern Lights guide
- Free Wi-fi and usb charger in every seat
- Free use of camera tripod
- Free use of astronomical binoculars
- Bring your own headphones. Otherwise we sell earphones on the bus
- Dress according to weather
- In Iceland it is always smart to dress in warm and waterproof clothes, weather changes are swift so prepare expect the unexpected
- Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves
- Good outdoor shoes are recommended
- Aurora jackets and winter boots available to rent!
How do we get there?
Pick ups are available from Hotels in Reykjavík.