Ride & Raft
The perfect deal for all, who want to make the most out of a day in Skagafjörður. Usually, the day starts with the riding tour in the morning and in the afternoon, you will go rafting. This tour doesn't not require previous riding or rafting experience and is suitable for everyone.
The perfect deal for all, who want to make the most out of a day in Skagafjörður.
This package includes:
2 hour horse ride into the beautiful surroundings of Varmahlíð, the ideal way to experience the unique Icelandic horse in its native environment. We have horses for both beginners and experienced riders, which makes this ride great fun for everyone.
For half a day you will be heading for a white water rafting adventure. This trip leads you through the scenic gorges of the West Glacier River that can easily be mastered by anyone and gives you the opportunity to experience Iceland from a different perspective.
Usually, the day starts with the riding tour in the morning and in the afternoon, you will go rafting. This tour doesn't not require previous riding or rafting experience and is suitable for everyone.
- We provide a riding helmet (mandatory) and waterproofs (if needed).
- Temperatures in the summer can range from freezing to 20° C, so be prepared for all kinds of weather. We recommend a sweater and a windproof jacket as well as gloves. Wear comfortable pants and strong shoes (hiking boots are fine). Please note that we require you to wear a helmet when riding with us, so if you'd like to wear a woolen hat or head band, make sure it's a thin one and fits comfortably under a helmet. For
- the rafting you should wear thermal underwear, warm woolen socks and warm
- pants and sweater, ideally fleece-, woolen- or thermo material. Try to avoid
- will be provided with a dry suit, neoprene shoes, a pfd (personal floating
- device) and helmet. The dry suits can sometimes leak, so your clothes might get
- wet, but will still keep you warm as long as you don´t wear cotton. Please
- bring some spare clothes to get changed after the rafting, just in case!We strongly recommend that you have your own personal insurance when joining a riding tour in Iceland.
How do we get there?
Meeting point: 560 Varmahlíð, Iceland. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before departure.